Rooting is the way to obtain Supersu Right’s on a Android device, that means after Rooting the Phone you have (sudo) full Right to perform any system task.
Tecno Pova 3 smartphone Run on Android 12 and it is Powered by Mediatek helio G88 Processor. it is a dual SIM smartphone support Nano SIM cards, connectivity Option’s Include GPS, WIFI, hotspot, bluetooth etc. the device come with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage that can be expandable via SD card.
- all userdata will be erased, must make a backup before process
- we strongly suggest below method (boot.img dump) because boot.img from a different firmware version may cause bootloop or you can use from same version.
- The boot image is NOT the bootloader image. do not confuse between them flashing the wrong image to bootloader could brick your device.
How to Root Tecno Pova 3:
- Install USBDK and Mediatek driver on Your computer
- Download & Extract ROM2box
- Run ROM2Box.exe
- Click Mediatek/Firmware Reader!
- mark “Full Firmware”
- click ‘START’ button
- Once the process Started, turn Phone OFF, Now together Press Volume up + down key & Insert USB, Once Phone detected Immediate Release key (make sure your phone stable in device manager)
- done, it will take 15Min
- Move boot.bin (rename it boot.img) from ROM2box/out folder to your phone
- on Phone Install Magisk Manager
- Now patch boot.img using Magisk and Move back it to computer, Platform tools or ROM2box folder
- Open CMD on same folder
- Now We check if device support dual slot
fastboot getvar current-slot
- if return with value ‘a or b’ meaning device support dual slot
- let’s write patched boot image to both slot
fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
if you have not write vbmeta earlier then write it like this
fastboot set_active a fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img fastboot set_active a
fixing any bootloop issue: just set alternative slot, if a is active we set b or if b is active we set a
fastboot set_active a fastboot set_active b
Single Slot device:
- in earlier steps we check for a slot, if the return value is not A or B meaning device does not support slot, let’s flash boot image to boot partition.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
done, Your have Successfully root your phone.