Qualcomm EDL Firehose is a protocol used by Qualcomm processors to communicate with other devices during the firmware flashing process. firehose protocol enables data to be delivered to the device for a variety of functions, such as flashing, customized recoveries and firmware updates.
Each Qualcomm device has a unique set of programmer firehose files to assure compatibility and correct functionality, they are typically offered by the device developers or manufacturers together with the required flashing tools. on this page we share programmer firehose for Samsung SM-S916B that can be used to fix frp, pattern, bootloop & software issue on Samsung SM-S916B.
Key Features of Qualcomm Firehose Programmer:
- Established Sahara Protocol: The firehose programmer downloaded to the device’s DRAM to established Sahara protocol. This allow writing firmware data to certain device partitions such as the bootloader, system, recovery, and so on.
- Authorizing Flash: When a firmware update or flashing procedure is performed, the device checks the signature of the firehose file to guarantee its legitimacy. If the signature is valid and matches the expected signature of the device, the flashing process proceeds. If the signature is invalid or missing, the device may refuse to execute.
- Function Integration: device manufacture integrates functions like read, flash erase etc into the firehose, If a specific function is not implemented in the firehose programmer.
- Make a backup before Process
- flashing may brick your device, flash at own risk
How to use Samsung SM-S916B Firehose:
- open QFIL Flash tool
- Click the Browse in front of ‘ Select Programmer’
- in the popup window browse and select downloaded .elf or .mbn file
- QFIL, MI Flash, python edl, qlmflasher Pro & all other qcom toolbox that use xml for edl operations
- Download QPST tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools)
- How to Install Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver